Monday, February 25, 2013

Forrest Gump Approved!

vegetables, veggies, care packages, care, package, military, navy, relationship, mail
I'm not a particular fan of Forrest Gump. I could take it or leave it. But, as I was grouping the next shipment of comestibles for John, I realized that I was channeling my inner Forrest. The phrase, "Jenny and me, we was like peas and carrots," kept going through my head. Finally, I gave in to Tom Hanks and used his inspiration for the box. 

It's perfect, too, since this box included cans of peas and carrots! I also sent bags of Trader Joe's Inner Peas (snacks made with peas and cornmeal), bottles of olives, Vietnamese veggie curry, single-serving cans of green beans and (more) peas, roasted red peppers, and bags of sundried tomatoes. 

vegetables, veggies, care packages, care, package, military, navy, relationship, mail

post signature

3 comments:

  1. Love seeing these boxes that you put together!! You do such a great job with the themes, I think it is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and sharing your thoughts with me! Keep in touch!

Best wishes always,
Jo