Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Cuckoo for Cocoa Roasted Walnuts!

I'm currently working on goodies for a box for John, and I have I got an original, healthy recipe for you! (And it's really simple too, which is always a bonus!)




You'll Need...
  • 1/4 cup honey for a thin glaze (If you want a thicker, candy-like glaze, use 1/2 cup)
  • 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 2 cups walnut halves

Directions: 
  1. Preheat oven to 300 F. 
  2. In a saucepan over medium heat, bring the honey to a boil. Take off heat and stir down. 
  3. Pour honey over walnuts and stir so the walnuts are evenly coated.
  4. Add cocoa and mix until it is incorporated with the glaze and walnuts. 
  5. Spread nuts evenly on a cookie sheet and roast for 15 minutes. 
  6. Remove from oven and let nuts cool, stirring every so often to break up clumps (otherwise, you'll have to chisel the nuts off the pan).
  7. Let cool and serve!
 
And in another really fun, completely unrelated note: today makes exactly five months until I'm shackled to John for life! 

post signature

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the recipe! It looks easy. I may have to try this for my honey too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds super easy, I may attempt it!! Stopping by to show some love to Andie's sponsors<3 Happily following along! P.S I LOVE your blogbutton!

    xo
    Ange

    www.hairsprayandhighheels.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! I'm glad you like the blog button! I just changed it, so I love the feedback! :-)

      Delete
  3. Yum -- these sound delicious! Stopping over from the Aloha Blog Hop! Looking forward to following!

    Ashley @ ourlittledevilpup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping by! I'll be heading over to you shortly!

      Delete

Thank you so much for stopping by and sharing your thoughts with me! Keep in touch!

Best wishes always,
Jo